Have you been struggling with your health for a while and tried all of the available tests? Taken all of the right supplements and changed your diet and exercise programs, but still not seeing the results that you had hoped for? You might want to consider testing your organic acids. Organic acids are produced by your body as it detoxifies itself, breaks down neurotransmitters, and even when it produces energy. The levels of these existing organic acids can be used to identify nutrient deficiency, an inherited enzyme deficit, toxic build-up, or drug effect.
Certain organic acids are also caused by intestinal microbes, which, when they overgrow beyond the amount your body is meant to deal with, cause something called Dysbiosis. If these organic acids accumulate within the body, they can begin to create certain metabolic ‘blocks’. These ‘blocks’ then start to slow down your metabolic rate and allow chronic fatigue and disease to set in.
At Cavendish Wellness we perform Organic Acid Profile testing to give a view into the body’s cellular metabolic processes and the efficiency of metabolic function. Identifying the metabolic blocks or problems with detoxification, gut dysbiosis, or oxidative stress that can then be treated nutritionally, allows for individual tailoring of interventions. With the results of this test, your doctor will be able advise you regarding how to further improve your health and general wellbeing, how to improve already-existing ailments, as well as how to avoid falling victim to any future ailments or afflictions.
Generally, there are two different tests available to you, either your basic Organic Acid Profile or your Organic Dysbiosis Acid Profile. The severity of your symptoms will determine which test is most appropriate for you.
Your Organic Acid Profile is determined by testing a single urine sample. The following can be discovered as a result of these tests:
- Whether or not you are lacking any important vitamins or minerals
- Whether or not you have an amino acid deficiency
- Oxidative damage and antioxidant sufficiency markers
- Whether or not your body is able to detox itself
- Whether or not you have a B-complex deficiency
- Neurotransmitter metabolites to assess central nervous system (CNS) function
- Mitochondrial energy production assessment via citric acid cycle components
- Methylation sufficiency status
- Lipoic acid and CoQ10 sufficiency markers
These profiles can provide important information for treating certain conditions, including:
- Sleep abnormalities
- Mood changes
- Blood sugar dysregulation
- Weight gain
- Multiple chemical sensitivity
- Joint pain
- Autoimmune disorders
- Early ageing
Please do not hesitate to contact us regarding obtaining your Organic Acid Profile.